dumb & dumber

> Has any one been able to get a Price on GM part# 12497316
> > This is a stand alone Trans controller for a 4L60E automatic
> > any other info on above part would be welcome?
> >                                                 GLC
> > PS part is listed on pg. # 170 of yr. 2000 GM performance Cat.

My original post (see above)
has resulted in appx. 26 response's!
thanks to all!
however the question I was most interested in finding an answer to remains a
mystery??

<<Has any one been able to get a Price on GM part# 12497316>>???

I have called several GM dealers and get no answer
I was already aware of  2  stand alone controllers, but  I agree with grumpy
they are a poor choice from an economic standpoint (read rip off)!!
as for the purpose of this question I have Three small blk engines and quit
a bit of Hi perf. gear
my knowledge of FI stuff is limited to simple repairs of existing stock
components IE;
temp sensors, 02 sensors, that sort of thing
I agree with everyone that the day of the carb is waning, but at this point
I not sure I can master what seems to be a quite complex tech skill
I subscribed to the list  with the hope that I would be able to gain the
knowledge to do my own work on the electronics in late model performance
cars!
I feel like I have entered a class for "Quantum physics" when I should be in
Physics 101!!
did every one on the list start out blessed with complete knowledge of
computor science as related to cars? Or am I just dumb??
Is there no literature out there for the  beginner??

"There are no speed secrets! Just good engineering"
                                                      Gene L. Clifford