Re: Ford to GM swap...

At 02:37 PM 3/14/2000, you wrote:
In a message dated 3/14/00 11:14:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
n5xmt@bellsouth.net writes:

<< Wondering how compatible the sensors on a 1997 Ford Explorer 5.0L V8 are
 with a GM ECM.
 It appears Ford doesn't really have any standard with the new EEC-V
 computers... One may have a 224K program/table space used, but be a small
 board with very few components, and the same engine in another vehicle of
 the same year will have only half as much program/tables, but have a board
 that fills the computer with 3 times as many PLCC chips...  Makes playing
 really difficult... >>

It'll be a straight swap once u get that 8.2 :-)

Bet I'd need the Jaws of Life to stretch the engine compartment!!!