Re: AWWH and AWUP (and BAMY)

AWWH, AWUP, and BAMY are virtually identical to each other, and share the
same performance potential.  If you swap one memcal for the other,  the
difference in vehicle performance is unmeasurable.  AWUP was an ALDL
communications fix for AWWH.  BAMY was a 4L80E trans "Hot Protection Mode"
fix for AWUP.  Otherwise no changes.

You can find the binary files for BAMY and AWWH on the new FTP incoming
directory (ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/) under filenames BAMY38F1.BIN and
AWWH35A4.BIN.  The four digit numbers following the software broadcast
callouts represent the last four digits of the checksums of these binfiles,
from hex space 0008-7FFF, so that you can verify the files once you have
downloaded them.   If you take a look at another file called
BAMYversusAWWH.doc (also on the FTP site) you can examine the net effect of
upgrading from AWWH to BAMY.

I am curious about your truck, and your friend's truck.  Are either SS's?
If so, drop me a line at wsherwin@idirect.com and say "hello".

Walt