Ignition Simulator

Well, another idea brings more questions.

I have a DIS that uses a reluctor, notch, crank sensor.  The resistance of
the oem sensor is about 1K ohms.  I thought using a 1K coupling transformer
would be a grand idea to interface my digitial signal to the DIS module.
Trouble is the transformer is 1K impedance, with only 50-60 ohms resistance,
Is this a big isssue?,  I was figuring on triggering the transformer off of
the voltage drop across a led...
I gonna generate smoke, doing this?.
Grumpy
   Just that fumes bother me now...