Re: Wacky idea to force Alpha-n on a SD gm ecm

Ah interesting ludis,
I actually went out to my car and tested my idea after i posted it.
Well.. long story short it wouldnt start without some "help"
it occurred to me that maybe it needs some map signals specific to cranking
for it to start so i rigged up a switch from the map output and had the TPS
output rigged into that too so it would start.. id go and switch the map off
after it started and then it would run straight off the tps voltage... every
time it ran GREAT too! for about 40 seconds.. and then just died even after
playing with the tps voltage. Why would it do this? does the ecm look for
like a variance in map voltage or something?
It was a neat little experiment anyways

Pablo