PCM Questions

Hope you guys don't mind some PCM questions... I can't search the
archives, I haven't been able to connect to it in a week.

Anyone have info on a 16196401 PCM?  It was used 94-95 in the 3.4 DOHC
engine.
On the outside it LOOKS like a 1227727.  It is the successor to the
16149396 (used 91-93 on the 3.4 DOHC), which I believe is just a 1227727
with extra SRAM.  The big change I noted is SFI.
So I thought maybe the 6401 is a 7727 with SRAM and additional quad
drivers for SFI, but then I looked at the pinouts, and it's 100%
different.  Same four 22-way connectors, but the pinouts aren't even
CLOSE.  It does, however, seem to use a MEMCAL, though I don't know for
sure because I don't have one to play with.

Another question: P6 PCMs, how does a DIY'er read the software from
them, and reprogram them?  I'm sure this is in the archives, but the
archives aren't accessible.  I'm mainly talking about the 16196397 PCM.
Also, what's the difference between the 16172693 and the 16196397?  I'm
going to guess these are both pre-OBD II.  Info on P6 PCMs seems to be
kind of scarce.

Thanks for any info.

--
Shawn Lin