E(E)PROM pn and speeds

I've just gotten to the point of ordering a burner, now need to get some
blank roms.    From the archives I got that a 28C256 can be used in place
of a 27C256, eeprom part instead of eprom, no eraser and quicker writes.
Questions before I order parts:

1.  Is the above correct, and same for a 28c512 in place of 27c512?

2.  What speed chips can I use?    Faster than 250ns ok?

FWIW, I'll be using these in a '7730.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob@tecmark.com