Re: 1228331 (16157364?)

On Sat, Mar 18, 2000 at 03:51:58AM -0500, Shannen Durphey wrote:

> gene l. clifford wrote:
> >
> > not sure ur right on that my info off the ZR1 site says 4L60E was an option
> > so I wonder if they would put a diferent ECM in the car IE is the spd ecm
> > diff Then the 4L60E ecm
> > also called my dealer here and the parts guy said that the parts book shows
> > that option (4L60E)
> > will do some more research
> > url with ZR1 info                              Gene
> >
> > http://www.zr1.net/
>
> Do some research.  Looks like 1228331 is used until 1991.  4L60E gets
> installed in LT1 Vettes in 94.  I can't find anything that definitely
> puts LT5 and auto trans in the same car, but I can't find anything
> that doesn't, either. : )
>
> If you ask really nicely, Somebody on this list might be in a position
> to confirm ecm/pcm #'s.  BTW, It's called a PCM when it controlls a
> transmission.
> Shannen

Shannen's right (as usual?).

There were no production ZR-1's shipped with automatics.
Of course, that didn't stop the people with the desire (and money)
to convert some of them to auto's, which is probably what Gene
see's on the ZR-1 web site.

Also on the ZR-1 web site is a listing of the broadcast codes and
ECM numbers for all the years.

If I were Gene, I'd get a new parts guy.

   Marc

--
  Marc Randolph     -    mrand@pobox.com    -     PGP keyID: 0x4C95994D
     If you have any info on the mid-60's car called the Bill Thomas