Re: GM circuit numbering

Peter Gargano wrote:

> Just wondering about the numbering scheme used for GM schematics. For example - Ignition modules to ECU use four circuits:
>
> CKT 423    EST (Electronic Spark Control) from ECM
> CKT 424    Bypass Control from ECM (sense to ECU too)
> CKT 430    Reference to ECM once per ignition event
> CKT 453    Distributor reference earth
>
> Where do these numbers come from?
> Is there a "standard" colouring scheme for these circuits?

When I swapped the 2.8L in my Blazer for a 5.7L I was surprised at the
number of wires that had the same circuit number and color, considering
it's a totally different engine and was 5 years newer.  The few wires
that are also on my '78 Monte Carlo also tend to match color in the same
places.  I wouldn't rely on it when swapping engines or the like, but if
there is a mismatch go ahead and double check the connection to make
sure it's right.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet