From: Douglas Ratcliffe <dratclif@mail.ucf.edu>
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org <gmecm@diy-efi.org>
Date: Monday, March 20, 2000 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: Cam tuning

How did you manage to not use an FMU?  I'm seriously thinking turbo, but
I want to hide the turbos and have no visible FMU.  For now I'm just
going to practice tuning the cam.  Did you have to add a 3 bar MAP?
I'll probably pick up TunerCat, that seems to be easy to use.

As far as turbo tuning (for you Buick guys :) ), is there a big RPM vs.
Boost difference at WOT depending on turbo lag, or is the boost curve vs
RPM pretty much the same every pass?

Thanks

Doug R - Black 93Z A4 3.73 - D.B. F-Body Organizer
Mods: DragRadials,Hooker 1.75" headers,Flowmaster,AS&M CAI
Mods: 3.73 gears, SLP Torsen, S&S Stage 1 heads, UD pulleys,
Mods: Chip,EibachSprings,1LEswaybars, AFPR - 13.11@105.5
*My car: http://daytona.f-body.org/doug

>>> Wilson.James4@worldnet.att.net 03/17/00 07:48PM >>>

   Bruce,

  I definitly agree with you on this one. There is no way a "tunner"
could
get my 92LT1 right (Speed/Density) on the dyno. This was after he
burned 10
Eproms.

  He tried to tell me there was something else wrong with the engine
(all
new 383). As soon as I hooked up with the group and got Tunner Cat I
have
been able to get a great program in the ECM. I am running the engine
blown
(Vortech Supercharger) with 42# injectors (no FMU)