TBI vs Port Injected

For a relatively mild street engine is a port fuel injected motor going to produce more horsepower than the same motor with TBI? Is this an dry air flow versus wet air flow difference or really more related to intake manifold design?

Bruce's crossfire setup is an example of an optimized TBI with a good manifold, but would this motor have performed better if it were port fuel injected?

The following is the background for this preceding questions. I am now slowly gathering the parts for a "new" 4.3 for my truck(94 m5 s10). Mild = 96+ 4.3 heads 2.02/1.60 ported polished and coated, GM performance marine cam in a non balance shaft block, compression ration is TBD, coated Edlebrock headers and catback exhaust. Currently it uses a 16184738 VCM (VCMs control both the powertrain and the ABS plus generate the signal for the speedometer and possibly other gauges). My options are;

Retain the current fuel system and improve or replace the intake manifold.

Swap the ABS system to a stand alone unit and use a auto tranny calibrated 16156647 on a CPI fuel system.

Find a 1995 16193495 VCM and harness and use SCPI fuel system. This is what I was planning on doing, but I am currently having difficulty finding parts. This VCM was calibrated for a M5 and utilized the earlier CPI injection system.

Use the 16184738 VCM to control a Sy/Ty fuel system. Probably the least practical solution.