Re: TBI vs Port Injected

So Grumpy...

I have missed some of this thread but I'm guessing that you're talkin'
optimized TBI vs optimized Carb...

I would expect similar peak power and torque...

Somewhat better cold starting and warm-up driveability for the TBI rig...but
what about normal warm driveability...I'm assuming you're talkin' either
Q-Jet's or AFB's with regards to the Carb's...

Can a well optimized Carb equal the overall warm driveability and performance
of a well optimized TBI system?

My well-tuned Q-Jet (71 Vette...406/375) seems to have similar warm throttle
response and driveability as that of my 88 Mopar OEM TBI Van (within the
Carb's limited altitude range of course)...

Thanks...

Doug