From: Roger Heflin <rah@horizon.hit.net>
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org <gmecm@diy-efi.org>
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2000 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: Cam tuning

It should not be that difficult to modify the stock computer to use a
3bar sensor, I wonder if the following would work:

modify the A/D input code to read in a 3bar value (0-255) and convert
it to an equivalent 1bar value (0-255), and save the real pressure
someplace else, that way you don't need to dig through the code and
find all of the instances and figure out how a 3bar vs. 1bar sensor
affects that code.   I looked at the code, and way too much stuff uses
the map reading for various things.

Then in the fuel calc code when the map is 100kpa multiply things
times the real pressure (ie if the real MAP is 150kpa, multiply the
fuel times 1.5).  1.5x the pressure should give 1.5x the flow or will
a conversion table be required?

Will this work, or will more adjusting need to be done?

Roger

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Douglas Ratcliffe wrote:

> So what kind of difficulty would there be in converting to a 3-bar Syclone
computer?  Other than the fact there's 2 more cylinders and 1.4 L more
displacement, are there any other factors?  Is the Syclone batch-fire MPFI
like my Camaro?

> Would the sensors and electronics (coolant temp, IAT,Idle motor,
injectors, OPTISPARK!) even be compatible?  Wouldn't my computer have a
hissy-fit?