Re: TBI vs Port Injected

At 09:54 AM 3/22/2000, you wrote:

This is a very interesting concept, which I will probably try. My only question is that, if I do this with a stock 4.3 TBI manifold am I starting with a sows ear? My guess is that I am. This manifold is a single plane manifold with virtually no runners to the center cylinders and long convoluted runners to the front and back cylinders. The most compelling reason for converting to CPI may be to get a decent staring point for manifold design.

The CPI seems like a good manifold.
I had a 93 Jimmy, 3.23 gears, 4L60E trans and 200HP 4.3L CPI (Only model/year available with 200HP... all others were 190-195) I added a K&N air filter, 180 thermostat, Premier Performance 6 in 1 chip, 3" cat back exhaust and Edelbrock headers. Best 1/4 mile time was 13.97@ 95 MPH. I had a set of 295-50-15 BFG Radial T/A's on the rear and could light them just by romping the go pedal from a stop... no power brake required, and at WOT it would roast them on the 1-2 shift and get a good LONG chirp on the 2-3 shift at 70 MPH. Not sure what it weighed, but it was a 2 door and I weigh 275-280. I also got 25 MPG on the highway.