HEI Module versions?

Re: Driving an HEI Module with other signals

 Thanks for the info from everyone so far.

 It sounds like I can easily drive the HEI module from
 a set of points. Of course, I'd have to supply a whetting
 current to any set of points operating in a real (as
 opposed to a bench) environment, so this would slightly
 complicate a "real" setup.

Next question relates to how many variants of the HEI module
there are. I have an 8 pin module (3 groups of pins 2 + 2 + 4)
with "466" moulded into the top plastic, and "541 6E31" stamped
into the top (bottom has "MEXICO  17641  541" with some numbers
perhaps rubbed off!) It's from a 2.0L 4 cyl JE Camira (Aust.)
circa 1987 vintage.

I also see that a 7 pin (+ ground point) module exists with 2
groups of pins (2 + 5), as found on a "5.0L F Series" and used
with a '165 used circa 1986.

Any other variants worth a mention?

PG.