Re: E-prom ereaser& burner

Normally most guys make a change and burn a new prom to try.  With an
emulator, you have a black box that has a connector that goes where the prom
would normally go.  The emulator "kinda" is a substatute for the prom, "it
has all the switches that a prom does", but they flip them on and off
electrically.  So you can just use the devise to replace the prom , and make
changes, just about instantly (may have to restart car, for it to read the
changes without crashing).  Usually no long term storage, so when your done
for the day you have to burn a chip.  Quicker for dialing things in, alsmost
too quick thou.  One of the keys to burning chips is at least excellent note
keeping, so you don't run around in the same circles.
Grumpy