Re: VE table 1 & 2 relationship, and BLMs past 3600rpm.

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Kevin Reynolds wrote:

> The VE#2 when added to VE#1 is supposed to (and I know it's not exact)
> relate to the engines VE!?
> How exactly does it relate, and how is it used? If the VE#1 is used in the
> range mapped out in its table, and WOT AFR Table takes care of  WOT area,
> what is the purpose of VE2 and what is the best way to tune it?
>
> Also, I noticed my scanner reads BLMs way past the mapped area in the VE
> table. Am I missing part of the table? How is this area (say 4500rpm@80Kpa)
> figured? If it's off the WOT AFR table, which I assume doesn't use feedback
> from the O2 sensor, where are the BLMs coming from?

Last BLM before you went into WOT mode.   The algoritim on my car
(from the factory) was if the BLM is less than 128 then set it to 128
and use it at WOT.  If the BLM is greater than 128 then use it as is
at WOT.   I understand some cars don't do the if less than 128 set to
128.      You will notice that the BLM's don't appear to change once
you hit WOT mode, so learning has stopped, the computer is just still
using the learned info.

My car is now always set to use 128 no matter what at wot.    I have
noticed that I need to go back and modify things so the integrator is
also set to 128 as it looks like the integrators are also used in a
similar manner.  I am going to need to study this further.

				Roger