Checksum questions

I'm trying to burn a straight (unchanged, as downloaded) copy of ANHT to
work with along with the anht_hac.  I'm having problems figuring the right
checksum. My reference point is the anht_hac listing, which has a checksum
of DAA5 at $0006 which I assume is correct.

>From $0000 to $7fff the checksum is E10C.   Took a guess by looking at
where the data is in the buffer, and the checksum from $3000 to $715F is
DAF6, which is close.  $0000 to $0987 is FEBB, way off.

I looked at the 7730v3.ecu file, and it says the checksum end address is
7fff. This is my first-ever attempt at burning, so what did I miss?  I set
the device type to 27C256.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob@tecmark.com