Re: Xeltek EPROM Programmers (Pls Read)

At 02:47 AM 3/28/2000, you wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry If I've posted this twice, I'm have Outlook drama's at the moment.

Just a note for those looking to buy one of Xeltek's EPROM Programmers, a
little warning.
I purchased a Rommaster II a while back, whilst it's a good unit it appears
to have very little support for EEPROM's (there's been many brands that it
won't support, in fact alot of brands).
I wrote to Xeltek about this and they pretty much said your product is an
economy model so deal with it!!!.
If you are going to be using EEPROM's (28's & 29's), maybe look for a better
$$$ model or look elsewhere.
One final note, the software for the RommasterII has not been updated since
June 99, yet all their other models seem to get updated regularly.

The needhams EMP-10 and PB-10 (both under $150.00) support 27Xxx, 28XXX and 29XXX along with 8051 etc with adapters.
http://www.needhams.com/