Re: A/F gauges and O2 sensors.

The only "guaranteed" way is to test your particular application and decide
for yourself.

Grab a service port scanner from a freind/local garage.  Monitor the O2
signal while the AFR meter device is disconnected/isolated.  Then connect
the AFR meter device ( an isolation switch is always a good idea ) and note
the resultant O2 signal change via the ALDL scanner display.

No impact, then you are golden.  Some degree of impact, then you may have to
compensate for it.

Once upon a time I installed a Halmeter AF30 in a similar fashion, based
upon their advice.  There was a measurable effect despite their comments
otherwise.

Walt.