Re: new subscriber please help ecm problem

nacelp wrote:

> The injectors key on should have power to them.  The ECM grounds them to
> operate.
> If you have pressure, and pulses they sould work.  A fuel filter can be so
> plugged to pass a pressure reading but not enough to support engine
> combustion.  Same with pinced line, ot plugged fuel sock (in the tank).  You
> should hear the pump run for a few seconds when you turn the key on to prime
> the system.
> Once you have oil pressure the pump should run,  might try jumoing oil
> pressure switch to get pump to run
> Grumpy
>     wanting to learn it all, takes a lot time, and work.

This is all good advice (as usual!)

I would also check the resistance of the injectors.  It is common for
one or more to internally short.  When this happens the computer sees it
as a direct short and will not fire the injectors.  I believe that they
should be between 10-12 ohm each on that car.  They also have a tendency
to be fine until warm, then more may fail.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 (lurking and learning slowly)