RE: Bins are us

Thanks Shannen,

> BROADCAST CODE (BCC) - (Is this 0xB0 or AXSH2423 in my case ?)
You have 2, although one is incomplete.  AXSH2423 is one, AWSX is the
other.  The sticker on the outside of the ecm usually reflects the BCC
of the calibration originally included with the ecm.  The sticker on
the memcal should reflect the calibration that's in the memcal.

I have a theory on this one. GM/Lotus wanted the car to be the fastest
production saloon car in the world. Originally it had 360BHP (AWSX ??) ,
and 170MPH. But then Renault released its Alpina, which was a bit faster
(175MPH). So Lotus tweaked the engine/PROM a bit more and came up with
377BHP, and 180+ MPH (AXSH ?).

> PROMID - Shouldn't this value be 0x0977 (2423 decimal) if the code is
> really AXSH2423, or is my ecu running A?S?2329 software ?
I can't answer this.  I don't know where in your calibration the prom
id is stored.  It's usually in the first line though.  What do you
mean by A?S?2329?

What I am getting at is should the 4 digit number (after the AXSH or AWSX
or whatever)  match the PROMID in the ALDL data stream? If it should, then
my BCC would be four letters followed by the numbers 2329, which is the
decimal value for 0919 hex.

Cheers,
Malcolm Robb, LC0112G