Quick question on coolant temp sensors

There appears to be 3 coolant temp sensors on my 89 F-body L98 motor.  Is
their functionality something like this:
1) CTS in intake manifold base - used by ECM as input parameter?
2) CTS in driver's head - possibly temp guage sender?
3) CTS in passenger's head - possibly temp switch/light sender?

Does this sound about right, or does the ECM use the individual head sensors
for mixture control to that head? (Cold=more fuel, warm=less fuel?)

The passenger's head ate it's exhaust manifold gaskets.  Looks like they got
too hot, but the driver's side gaskets appear to be okay.  CTS on pass. head
has wire broke off.  That's why I'm asking.  Was thinking maybe that side
was running rich?  Is this crazy talk?  (Oh yeah, and can't get Diacom to
link to ECM so I can't tell you any settings yet.  SES light works, but is
not being set.)

Steve Marteney
smarteney@xlvision.com