Re: Stupid question on fuel pressure

Typiacly the best way to check fuel pressure is key engine off.

Mas fuel is flowing under this condition and manafold vacuum is zero (same
as wot).

Most system will caouse the pump to suht down soon after key on as a fire
safty feature, and most pumps have a line check valve to insure good cold
starts, so you can check of any system leaks. Late GM F and Y cars spec no
more that 10 PSI drop in the first 5 minutes.

The pressure regulator is a 1:1 regulator, 1 PSI vacuum change will cause a
1 PSI fuel pressure change.