Re: Novice Question

On a 730 your calling the memcal a calpak, there is a difference.  The
Calpak is a little resnet (resistor network) found in the C3 ecms.
  You'll need to use a v-8 memcal to get things right.  The most resent one
available from gm when I last checked was a AUJP, which is a nice starting
memcal for an auto v-8, application.
Grumpy

> I have a Novice question. Can you take the Eprom from a 1227730 ECM and
just reprogram the  27256 chip from a 6 cyl to a 8 cyl and do nothing with
the rest of the Calpack or do you need to start with a 8 cyl calpack?

> The reason I ask is because I converted a 85 TPI'S  ECM to a 90 122730 ECM
witch is from a 3.1 v-6 witch is the same ECM as the V-8 but the chip
changes.