From: owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org [mailto:owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org]On Behalf
Of Bob Valentine
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 3:28 PM
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: Novice Question

Somewhere in the archives I found this.  I don't know original author. :
------------
	 The number of cylinders is selected by the voltage
	on pin 11 on the 34984 (aka 79435) chip.  This is U13 in a '727, '730,
	and '749.  The pin 11 voltage comes from pin 56 of the MEMCAL.
	This in turn connects to pin 13 of the 16 pin resistor network in the
	MEMCAL.

	Here's how the voltages are interpreted:
	  0 to 1   volt  : 8 cylinder port injection
	  1 to 2.5 volts : 6 cylinder port injection
	  2.5 to 4 volts : 4 cylinder port injection
	  4 to 5   volts : throttle body injection (any cylinder count)
---------

Hmm....   So can you just pull pin 56 of the memcal to ground?  Might try
disabling code 41....

My memcal is on back order from the Chevy dealer here, so I was about to
try and do the same use a V6 memcal in place of a V8.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob@tecmark.com