Re: Knock @ 1975 RPMs

At 06:49 PM 4/5/00, you wrote:

> The knock on coast tells me its not right; you never appreciate how many
> times 2000 RPMs comes up during average driving till something like this
> happens.  Major power fade as retard kicks in.

If you've got knock on coast I'd check the Flex plate to crank bolts and the Torque converter to Flex plate bolts (Make sure the washers that were required were used). Many a Turbo Regal on the GN list had knock attributed to this and the RPM range and knock on coast in that RPM range were dead give-aways. Symptoms match, so even though it's not a turbo regal, I'd check there.