Re: Disposable meter

nacelp wrote:

> Was out junkyarding at the local electronics places,  at Midwest Surplus
> Electronics, they had a neat little cheap meter that semed perfect for shop
> use for $15.95, with battery.  Has resistance, voltage A/C+D/C, Amps (10
> limit), diode check, includes leads <g>..

I got a cheapo meter a while ago, similar price, When the battery ran out,
I found the replacement 12 volt battery was a good fraction of the price
of the meter.  I compromised, and used a larger case to house the innards,
along with 8 x normal 1.5 Volt batteries in a standard holder. Apart from
the time it took to do, the holder, case and batteries were cheaper than
that expensive 12 Volt battery.