RE: Turbo MAP & MAT interaction

It's screwed into the inlet manifold not far from the MAP sensor, after the
intercooler but before the throttle body housings. Therefore, I reckon it's
supposed to measure the inlet manifold air temp (i.e. after turbo
compression), in which case, mine is not working correctly.

I suppose it could be measuring the inlet manifold temp (i.e. the temp of
metal manifold, not the air itself) and this could account for the slow
rate of change, but I'm not sure why the ECU would want to know this value.
There is already a separate Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS), so I would
have thought the ECU would use that to work out how hot the engine is.
There is no ambiant air temp sensor (i.e. before the turbo).

I'm gonna unscrew the thing tonight and dunk it in some boiling water, then
come iced water to see ho quickly the resistance changes. Maybee that will
give me a few clues.