Re: Turbo MAP & MAT interaction

I'll take you word about all you say, but, there are some critical areas
that need addressed in my opinion.  The stock senders are so slow in
resonding to temp changes, that while the ecm might be making changes based
on what the sensors tell the ecm are, they change so much from a heat sink
at idle staging to 4-5 PSI boost (Brakes Locked, car still), to 20 PSI at
5,500 rpm, and this can happen in 5-10 sec, the ecm can't forcast what the
operating conditions will be, so it has to have at least quick responding
sensors, again in my opinion.
   Personally, I want full time baro, and instant CTS, and MAT corrections.
   Why they have such good MAP sensors, and then drop the ball on the temp
stuff makes no real sense to me, other then it's not an EPA requirement, so
they got it close, and it feels good seat of the pants and they just left it
there.
   I just dug it out but I'll be ordering a 12160855  transmisssion temp
sensor to see how it compares to a normal MAT/IAT/CTS sender.  This one is a
pipe thread,  there is one other one I got in my notes to try.
   Other thing is that you can fail safe the calibration much better.  ie,
sudden spike in CTS, and kill the timing, and you reduce the power and the
damage from say a blown headgasket.
Grumpy