Re: Quad-4 (1228707 ECM) Rough Idle Problem

Hold on....  Tell me again how you checked timing, and what your
results were?  On the dizzy equipped 4 cyls, GM wants the timing light
connected to the coil wire so it flashes with every plug firing, and
the timing is set by the "averaging" method, a service manual way of
saying "a good guess".  The timing can really fluctuate on some of
those older engines, and I know that trying to time by #1 alone gives
bad results.
Shannen