Re: Pocket Programmer

Be sure to read Programming 101
Hello All, I am new to the list, and so far, the extent of my knowlege is just knowing how to change to different ECM's and factory and aftermarket proms.  I am just getting started in the programming stuff and so far, it is very interesting.  I just ordered one of the pocket programmers from the transtronics website.  It seemed like a good programmer for the money.  I am running a 1227747 in my S10 Blazer with a TBI 305.  I am interested in modifying my chip for best performance, however, am going to go about this very slowly, because i don't know much yet and don't want to smoke anything (engine).  One question i have is that i seem to have excessive detonation unless i run the 93 octane gas, and even with the 93 octane, i still have a little.  I am running a hypertech stage III, and realize that it advances the timing more, also, i have an open air cleaner which means that i am getting hot air off the engine.

Also, alot less restrictive, and hence leaner at times.

 I hope to have a good flowing breather w/ducting to the outside soon.

While seemingly odd, I never really found any real HP in doing that.  At 30 MPH there is alot of air circulating thru there. So it might help at idle/low speed,  IMHO.

  The chip i am running is actually for a TBI 350.  Does the ECM advance the timing more than stock under all driving conditions with the hypertech chip, or just under WOT?

Hard to say without reading it.

 Just a note, i am also running an ACCEL replacement ign. set to 0 deg. with the EST disconnected.  This is what the factory recommends for my engine.  Any thoughts?

The 747 is totally hac'd at the ecmguy's site
Both Tunercat and Terry Kelly sell editors for it.
The 747 is a great ecm to learn with.
Grumpy
  Thanks and sorry this was so long.  Jeff