Re: Turbo MAP & MAT interaction

"Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G" wrote:

> All I know is there is 3 Litres of water+antifreeze in the intercooler
> system, and the radiator for it is mounted infront of the air-con
> radiator (condenser) right at the front of the car, so it looks like
> Lotus wanted to keep the intercooler working well, at the expense
> of the air-con.

They are somewhat mutually exclusive.  Do you really need A/C when you
need the intercooler?  And vice-versa?

> I have done some MAT sensor tests though. At Room temp (20C) it measured
> about 2K5 ohms. Blow on it (body temp = 37C), and this drops to about 2K.
> Hold it over a hot soldering iron (250C + ) and it drops to less than 500
> ohms.

Sounds like it works fine.  I'm sure it will get a work out when you
race it.

> Where did you get the info about air/fuel ratio stuff in my PROM ?

The bin you put on incoming.

> I am dissassembling the PROM contents at the moment, mainly to try
> and find out what the bytes in the ALDL data stream are.

That sure helps to tune the car!  I have identified some, but this
is mostly just a diversion for me.   ;-)   It takes away from time
spent on other projects.  But sometimes it is quite instructive.

> But any help as to the addresses and function of the various tables
> would be appreciated.

I understand that.  ;-)

Scot Sealander