PROGRAMING QUESTION

I was starting to make some notes on things to change and when going through some example proms I ran across a few questions.

>From the Values screen of WinBin

1: PROM ID (if I understand this it is just a electronic serial number?)

2: Checksum (I saw that the chip examples have different Checksums what does this control?)

3:AFR (If I change this is this going to be the new setting the Computer will try to maintain, or do I need to change something in the Array screen also?)

4:VSS (Last but not least what is this value associated with I know it is for the Vehicle speed sensor but how do you relate it to your Gear ratio if that is what I am suppose to be doing?)

Thanks,