Re: 4.3L S10 questions

You're absolutely right, and I apologize.  TBI is an excellent system, but I was looking more at the pure horsepower aspects of TBI vs. CPI.  I should have said, "I guess CPI on a 4.3 V6 is better than TBI."  TBI = 160 hp, CPI = 190 hp.  I was thinking of TPI vs TBI also, on the 305 V8 motors.

You really can't beat TBI for cost, ease of installation and reliability on a vehicle that never had fuel injection or had all of it removed.  Also, can't TBI be easily hidden inside of an air cleaner and just looks like a carb? (for street rods)

Again I apologize for not being more clear on my statement, I was generalizing only as far as the topic was on my thread.

>>> nacelp@bright.net 04/10/00 08:32PM >>>
Please refrain, from such sweeping statements.
Some folks do really well with TBI, and I can't think of a system that's
easier to learn, and get up and running.