Re: Digital Speedometer

On 10 Apr 00, at 13:35, Shawn R. Lin wrote:

> Bob is right, it would be much easier to use an existing HUD, if all you
> want is a speedometer.
> They take 4000 pulses per mile.  The vacuum fluorescent displays in them
> are the brighest you could get.
> Some of them (88-94 Cutlass Supreme) are even flat on the bottom of the
> housing and can be mounted to the dash in any older car.  The 89-93
> Grand Prix HUD has a curved housing.  The 88-90 HUDs have integral
> height adjusters so they would actually be easier to implement than the
> 91-94 version.  Not to mention the older ones are built better with
> glass lenses instead of plastic.
> The particular HUD I've been messing with can read up to 299mph!  It
> will read up to 199mph normally, and in the 200 range it reverts to 2
> digits with all icons lit.
>
> --
> Shawn Lin

The problem with this is there is no place where I can get anything
like that around where I live.  Does anyone have any they can
spare or trade for?  Let me know off list.  If not, at least some kind
of circuit schematic would be great.  I don't know if I want to go
with vfd or LED displays.Preferably LED, less parts.