Memcal ESC Filter Numbers

I have sorted out a few numbers here, and thought you might
be interested:

Take a typical memcal, and look at the ESC filter number.
I have in front of me memcal BBXZ0886, with 1J2302 ESC number.

The number can be broken down into 3 parts, the rev level, (I think)
the engine it goes with, and the date code.

In this example, first character, the number (1) I believe is the
rev level. Or at least something similar to that. The most common
number is one, but I have some in the same series that go from
1 to 5 as a starting number.  If you have other insight into this,
I would appreciate it.

The second character is special, in that in can also be two numbers.
Such as:

 A is for 2.8L 60 deg V6
 B is for 2.0L Turbo Sunbird
 C is for 2.3L Quad 4
 G is for 3800 Buick V6
 H is for 2.0L Turbo Sunbird
 J is for 3.1L 60 deg V6, both NA and Turbo
 K is for 3.3L Olds V6

    *or*

 05 is for 3.3L V6 Olds
 09 is for 3.1L V6
 14 is for 4.3L V6 (Turbo)
 19 is for 4.3L 90 deg V6
 35 is for 3100 V6
 36 is for 3.4L 60 deg DOHC V6

The numbers tend to be from newer stuff. This is about all the
engine ID I know, if you have more, add them!

The last four characters are the date code.

In this example, 2302, 2 is the least significant digit of the
year, and 302 is the Julian date.

GM likes to date code everything, so you will find a similar
date code hot stamped into MAP sensors, or whatever....

Thanks, Scot Sealander