Re: Emissions and Chip Burning

Hi Craig

Get the idle speed as high as possible. With the corvette 900 rpm ok.
I set the timing to 0 degrees on the dist. Don't run it long with this
or it might melt.. Being a plastic car. Make sure the O2 is toggling.
I used a heated O2 with me long tube headers.
:peter

I've got an '85 Corvette with the crappy 870 ECM... anyway, I put a new
motor in last December with a bigger cam. It's not all that wild of a
cam or
anything, but just to make sure I pass emissions, what can I do in the
EPROM
to help? Retard timing? I've got the fans coming on at 180 right now,
but I
know for emissions I need to let the car warm up to 220 or so, right?
Any
other 'tricks' I should do? Thanks!

Craig M.