RE: 1228331 ECU Processor (P4 processor info)

Don't want to be a pain, but my ECU would appear to have RAM from
0x0000-0x02FF. Many parts of the code use variable storage in the 0x03XX
area of memory. Also, one of the first instructions after reset is "lds
 #$02FF", which I think means load stack pointer = 0x02FF, so I'm assuming
the stack works down from there. I have no way of knowing how much of this
RAM is battery backed up, perhaps only the first 256 or 512 bytes.  There
are no references to anything from 0x0300-0x2FFF, although when I dumped
this area of memory I got images of 0x0000-0x03FF in parts of it. (GM
saving money by incomplete address decoding ?)

The code makes reference to some hardware? in the 0x3000- 0x30FF area. The
values in these locations get transmitted as part of the ALDL data stream.
And like Peter, the code writes to hardware? in the 0x3FF0-0x3FFF area as
well.

The registers in the 0x4000-0x400C area seem to tie up correctly.

If anybody is interested, I can EMAIL them the contents of my ECU's memory
map from 0x0000-0x7FFF. The EPROM (0x8000-0xFFFF) is allready on the ftp
incomming site.

Thanks for the help so far
Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G