Re: ONE WIRE O2 TO HEATED O2

> >Yep, done that.
> >New O2 has 3 wires, signal, one to power, and one to ground.  Use ohm
meter
> >(DVM) for finding the heater wires.  Actually there is a 4 wire version
but
> >the're $$.  There are different ones, but I've never been picky about
which
> >one (just stick with Delco/GM/AC {for a gm application}), some claim some
> >are more tolerant of lead.
> Just curious - is the heater on all the time or does the ECU only turn the
> heater on when its at low load - such as idle and during warm up ?

Just leave it on,

> Incidentally, I'd doubt any credible supplier would claim any sort
> of lead resistance, the stuff is insidious and messes up lots of
industrial
> sensors far too easyily...

They had to be in countries like New Zealand where there was just leaded
fuel til recently.  I said tolerant not immune, never mind..  I get so tired
of the world dancing anymore, not just you Mike (not a flame either), it's
getting so out of hand, as to drive everyone to the lurk mode............
Grumpy