Carprom vs. Promedit

OK, I need some advice from the list.

I've got a friend who is considering purchasing Carprom from AS&M. He's
about to do it next week. I just looked over the AS&M web site and read the
FAQ about Carprom, and it strikes me that it does the same thing as Promedit
with the graphing function. I've used Promedit, and it really grew on me for
my TPI car. I really enjoyed the 3-d graph that Promedit has. Looking at the
AS&M "graphs", my only question is, WTF is that?

Is this true? Anyone ever seen someone use Carprom? He wants to use it to do
things like disable VATS, change fan turn on temperatures, etc. Will Carprom
make things easy for him, or will it simply lighten his wallet as opposed to
Promedit? Even if he shells out the big bucks, will he end up hunting and
pecking for values, or is their user support group good enough to help him
out with finding the parameters he needs?

I'd like to be able to save him from making a large mistake if it's not an
extremely useful tool.

Thanks,

Andrew