Re: Turbo_P4_Doc.pdf & BKZO

ECMnut@aol.com wrote:

> I think it is the same engine, but here are the specs from the Chiltons
> manual.
>
> BorexStroke = 3.38x3.38
> 8 to 1 compression, 160hp @ 5600, 160lb/ft torque @ 2800.

I have, for the NA PFI motor...
86 x 86 mm, 8.8 to 1, 85kW @ 5400, 176 Nm @3500.

As we both have a "square" motor of the same capacity, then
it's the same bore/stroke.

I make the power at 116 BHP, but you're probably talking about
the Turbo PFI version, yes? Probably explains the higher power
at lower CR!

> The distributor was driven directly
> off the opposite end of the cam from the timing belt.

Exactly!  But I can't see that this helps the accuracy of timing,
changes of ESC timing as the belt ages! Good one GM (not)!

> Kinda like many of the Honda engines..
> Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks.

> Wondering what the attachment fairy left for you anyway.

Just AYBM for a Syclone (scan ID 3961) - least that's what I
assumed it was (what is a Syclone anyways?)!

Thanks again Mike.