Re: Turbo_P4_Doc.pdf

>Who authored the document?

I *found* a copy of that document in my
mailbox back in '94.  It came from a friend
in TN.  I didn't even own a Sunbird or
Syclone, but as usual... I just kept it <grin>
In Feb of '95, I bought a Syclone, and
I renewed my interest in that document

Within six months of that, another
friend in a state many miles north of TN
showed me copies of the same document... exact
same notes and markings... that thing got around.
I think he got his copy from someone in UT.

It had lots of markings on it like "Delco" and
other ugly warnings on it.  I scanned every
page of that bad-boy and e-mailed it to a
buddy in Europe that OCRed it (back in the
early '90s OCR software was young... and
expensive) and put it into an MS Word document.

I then cleaned-up as many of the OCR errors
that I saw and created a basic table of
contents for it.  I couple years ago, I figured
it was time to let the doc go public.  Many
people have seen it, now, and I think the
Syclone and Typhoon world are better
off for it.

BTW,
You killed me with your "what is a Syclone, anyways"
note.  <grin>

Check out http://www.syty.org.  It's a GM S-truck
with a Chevy 4.3 90-degree V6 (262 cid) with an
intercooled turbo and AWD.  GM used the '7749 ECM
for the Syclone and the exact same code as the
'87-'90 2.0 turbo (VIN M).  They just changed the
tables.  I have a Sunbird BIN at home if you don't
already have one.  You may have trouble finding
a '7749 ECM down there, though.  I had to ship
a couple down under a couple years ago.

Ron
'91 Syclone