Re: Low Impedance Injector driver info

>when you "let the smoke out", you had were running 8 injectors,
>correct?   Ron G's friend Jack is running his Syclone in Peak'n hold
>with 6.

I believe I was the first to try six P&H injectors on a '7749.
I got the idea from Richard W in Australia. He was pretty sure
it would work, and I had a buddy (Jack) that needed more fuel.
We swapped-in the 55 lb low-ohm injectors into his truck and
modified the ECM/wiring.  It ran like an animal with no real troubles
with the ECM itself.  He had an off-idle bog (due to camshaft) that
I never got a chance to fix.

About six months later, he sold the truck to some kid in NJ.
The kid got tired of the off-idle bog, and took it to Dynotech
in NJ.  Dynotech tried to make a chip for it, but couldn't quite
get it right.  The kid called me and said that Dynotech wanted
to put the stock injectors back in, but he had heard the ECM
was wired differently.  I told him over the phone how to
change it back.  All I heard was dead air.... I don't think he
understood.   I haven't heard back from anyone about that
truck in six months or so.

I have a WWW page I threw together at the time, but
I don't remember where it is.... sorry.

Summary
=======
Some say it can't be done (long term), but I tried
it anyway.  I have heard of a guy in Canada that
tried it, and he either made a goof on the mods,
or fried a driver, because he was running really
rich on one bank of cylinders.  I have not heard
anything else about the Sy I modified, so I don't
know it's current condition.

Ron
'91 Syclone