Re: GMECM Digest V2 #166

>Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:43:32 -0500
>From: "Ron Gregory" <ron_gregory@adc.com>
>Subject: Re: Turbo_P4_Doc.pdf

>Who authored the document?

Near as I can tell, it was a tech writer @ Delco. :)

-----
I *found* a copy of that document in my
mailbox back in '94.  It came from a friend
in TN.  I didn't even own a Sunbird or
Syclone, but as usual... I just kept it <grin>
In Feb of '95, I bought a Syclone, and
I renewed my interest in that document

Within six months of that, another
friend in a state many miles north of TN
showed me copies of the same document... exact
same notes and markings... that thing got around.
I think he got his copy from someone in UT.
------

This document has been around... I first saw it back
in '93 (?), when a copy was being bandied about on the

old Hot Rod list. This was the full document copy, in
the original Delco library font, compleat with 'GM
Restricted use only' warnings.

Since then, I've read it 14-15 times, and I still
find new stuff every time I read it. The same pieces
are missing from all the different copies I've seen,
which came from at least 3 different sources that I
can tell. Ultimately, it's pretty obvious the original
came from the same person(s), although I've never been
able to track that person down.

[----------------
It had lots of markings on it like "Delco" and
other ugly warnings on it.  I scanned every
page of that bad-boy and e-mailed it to a
buddy in Europe that OCRed it (back in the
early '90s OCR software was young... and
expensive) and put it into an MS Word document.

I then cleaned-up as many of the OCR errors
that I saw and created a basic table of
contents for it.  I couple years ago, I figured
it was time to let the doc go public.  Many
people have seen it, now, and I think the
Syclone and Typhoon world are better
off for it.
-------------]

No doubt... and the GM ECM world in general. That
doc demystifies some of the rationale behind many
of the routines you find in the $58 code and others.

Who the original 'liberator' of the document from
Delco's Library was, will likely never be known. I
suspect PAS might have had something to do with it,
since their abrupt demise was around the time this
document appeared in the wild. Another theory I heard
had it originating in the GM raceshop.

We thank the originator for sharing.

Later,

Dig