Sensitivity of GM Knock Sensors

 Thanks Bruce for the tip on using the 45 degree fitting to calm down the KS
on my supercharged LT1. I found some 1/4 pipe male/female brass
fittings(short) and installed them. Now I have all the timing I have in the
tables. I only ran the motor up to 5500 to check out. I believe either
yourself or someone else in the group said this had been done before. What I
would like to know is in the event of real detonation am I covered? Will the
sensors still react if necessary? At present I only have 19 degrees in boost
(over 100KPA) so I feel I am not agressive on the timing.

                    Thanks, Jim