Re: Sensitivity of GM Knock Sensors

>    Bruce,  Thanks for the reply. I show no pitting or aluminum on the
center
> electrodes.

Good

 The plugs are two heat ranges cooler than stock. As to crud
> ozzing out from the center electrode I don't see anything

Again Good

 although there is
> one or two streaks that appear to be coming from the center electrode. Is
> this what you mean by crud?

No the crud I'm talking about looks like the stuff around a pidgeons bill,
kinda crusty looking.
Streaking ain't good.  Means you out of ignition system.  Some engines once
they get to x level of tune will forever do that, but, if time/ money
available might try to make sure the ignition stuff is right.  Also,
indexing plugs sometimes helps with it..

 The color is a medium brown and definitely do
> not see a lean condition. My Tech 1A shows 880-900 MV at WOT and now the
> only time I show KR is at the shift. (About 3 to 4 degrees). Under load
> (100% throtle conditions) I now have 0 KR. Of course the Sensors are now
> about 1/2" out of the block but because I see KR at the shift they apear
> still be active.

Sounds really, really close
Bruce