Re: Turbo Tuning

At 09:31 PM 4/18/00, you wrote:
Let me first say where my brain resides, I understand GM digital fuel injection systems including sensors and controlled devices etc. I also have a good background in engine mechanics rebuilding stock and high performance engines. I also use and comfortable understand hex and decimal reading systems for our bins, being able to make changes and burn the EPROMs. I Also understand GM calibrations (that was fun) regarding tables, calcs and usage strategy. The tuning tips provided by such great guys such as ECMNUT and Bruce P were excellent reading and helped fill the gaps as well as confirm previous areas of understanding.

Now, the work that I am doing (and I feel that my ground breaking and learned results shared with the list here will help enlighten many who are coming up the ranks of being tuners) is to change the tables in my bin to accommodate the mechanical and external changes done to this engine. I have a set of high performance aluminum heads, more aggressive supposed computer friendlier cam upgrade, 29 lb injectors and a 39 lb hr turbo, low compression pistons and a well done performance rebuild to the rest of the engine. I will run pump gas for now but 100 octane will later satisfy the need for more speed, later.

Curious what the heck a 39 lb/hr turbo is...
Turbo's are really not flowed in lb/hr etc... as they all depend on exhaust trim and housing for spool, and compressor trim and housing for boost. Different combo's of the above can be used to tweak the power curve of an engine to meet it's desired purpose. Never in my 37 years of auto mechanicing seen one advertised or even rated on a spec sheet/compressor flow chart in Lb/hr.