Wide Range O2, Throttle by wire, Cat Conv, and EGR

Here's some news for up and coming production fuel injection systems. Throttle by wire systems will use increase throttle openings and use less fuel at cruise, leaning out to 20 to 1 afr. Throttle pedal position will only represent power level not actual throttle opening. This isn't just a study one automaker is planning on putting it in production soon. They are able to do this because the new cat converters are better at reducing NOX. I also assume that this means they will be using wide range O2 sensors. I should be able to find out if they are actually using a wide range O2. My next assumption is, if we use these better cats we should be able to use higher compressions ratios in a street engine and still meet emission requirements.

Related to my earlier loss of EGR question. I am going to try to SWAG a cam profile to get the same effect that GM has done on the production LS1 Corvette engine. The LS1 in the vette does not use EGR while the LS1 in the Camaro/Firebird does. The vette gets a EGR type effect by using more valve overlap than the C/F does. Does anyone know of a source of any or all of; cam specs, plenum volumes, runner volumes, static compression, pumping pressure, and rod ratios of these two LS1 engines?