FILTMPH

Question for anyone familiar with the speed code-

I'm trying to use FILTMPH as an index into a table
it wasn't meant for (F71), and I'm wondering about
the value calculation for the two-byte variable.

The Sunbird XDE just says N= MPH * 256... does it
mean the whole word, or the upper byte?

I always understood it as a two-part var, with
the upper byte being the whole interger, and the
lower being a fractional remainder. Is that the
case?

I'm starting to think this understanding isn't
right, since I'm getting some really weird inter-
polated values for the lookups into this table.
(A simple 2d 9-element table)

I'd appreciate any insight that anyone can provide.

Thanks,

Dig
turbodig@yahoo.com
Not my real name, but it's what Mom calls me.